Business, nonprofit organizations, and individuals are the backbone and lifeblood of our community and economy. They deserved to be honored for their leadership and contributions for bringing new ideas, awareness and solutions to issues in our local communities.
Southeast Los Angeles County has a rich history of businesses, nonprofits, and individuals serving our communities and building our local economy in the areas of art, business, government, education, civic engagement and healthcare. They play major roles in improving the quality of life for our communities.
Please use this form to nominate outstanding businesses, nonprofit organizations, or individuals in the district by Monday, September 12th, 2016! There is no limit to the number of businesses, nonprofit organizations or individuals you can nominate for this award.
One business, nonprofit, or individual per city will be awarded in the 33rd Senate District. And in the City of Long Beach, one business, nonprofit, or individual will be awarded per district in the 33rd Senate District. Nominators and nominees will be informed late September 2016. And an award ceremony and celebration will occur on October 20th, 2016.
- The nominees must be over the age of eighteen.
- The nominee must reside within the boundaries of the 33rd Senate District (link to map) http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/districts/maps.html?district=SD33 / Address look up: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
- Elected officials are not eligible for the award.
- Business and Nonprofit Organizations must be fully licensed and in good standing with all regulatory agencies and departments
- Business and Nonprofit Organizations must be in operation for a minimum of two years